A Little Time and a Keyboard: A Chocolate Garden Blooms in Michigan

A Chocolate Garden Blooms in Michigan

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I love chocolate like a fat kid loves cake. Like a zombie loves brains. Like Ryan Reynolds loves the smirk. You get the idea. So when Mel told me about a shop in Coloma, MI called The Chocolate Garden, it went on our Michigan trip itinerary immediately.

Specializing in handmade chocolate truffles (white, milk and dark), The Chocolate Garden has been featured on Food Network, the Travel Channel and Fine Living TV, and has earned praise in such print outlets as USA Today, Elle magazine and Midwest Living. Unlike typical truffles, The Chocolate Garden's are handmade and rolled in coarse chocolate - there is no hard outer shell to bite through. The texture is creamy throughout.

For a nominal fee (I think $2.50), you can partake in a tasting of 3 truffles of your choosing. My husband, daughter and I all did tastings: I chose Salty Dark, Darkest Dark and Cayenne Kick (true to its name, I felt the heat a minute later). All were decadently yummy. I bought a couple of two-fers to bring home. For a real treat, I savored one with a glass of red wine. Niiiice.

If you're in this area of Michigan (off of I-94, exit 39, turn left) and enjoy fine chocolates, this is a shop you should definitely visit. To see The Chocolate Garden's offerings online, visit: www.chocolategarden.com.




Post a Comment