A Little Time and a Keyboard: Chocolate Treats for the Road: The South Bend Chocolate Company

Chocolate Treats for the Road: The South Bend Chocolate Company

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

This Spring Break, we took a trek East to visit family in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.  Over the next couple of weeks, I will be profiling some of our discoveries--some old favorites and some new wonders.

My daughter has been wanting us to drive out to the East coast for a long time.  Since we had a lot of items to transport out East, this year was the year to grant her wish.

While driving through northern Indiana, my husband discovered that one of my favorite chocolate shops, The South Bend Chocolate Company has small shops at rest areas.  Normally, rest areas are quite frightful places to me.  However, the prospect of picking up some of my favorite chocolates softened the blow of stopping at one.

We first discovered The South Bend Chocolate Company while visiting New Buffalo, Michigan a few years ago.  I immediately fell in love with their dark chocolate caramels.  The caramels are a nice size and have a buttery taste enveloped by a rich dark chocolate.  Yum!

I picked up a raspberry truffle, sea salt caramel, dark chocolate truffle, and a dark chocolate caramel on this trip.  Take a look:


South Bend has pretty much any type of chocolate that you can think of--making it really easy to indulge your sweet tooth.  South Bend also sells different types of coffee as well as indulgent chocolate drinks.  The South Bend in St. Joseph, Michigan has a number of decadent desserts and the one in New Buffalo has ice cream.  With South Bend, everyone can find a treat!

If you are traveling in Indiana or Michigan, definitely try to visit South Bend!

***Disclosure:  I did not receive any compensation for this post.  The opinions expressed are 100% my own.

Post a Comment