A Little Time and a Keyboard: Simple Maple Granola {Recipe}

Simple Maple Granola {Recipe}

Sunday, September 21, 2014


I have found a lot of recipes for granola but I wanted to make a super-simple recipe that can easily be added to and I can tweak as I like or even based on ingredients on hand. Additionally, I love to throw a bit of granola on my yogurt but I don't necessarily want raisins, dried cranberries, nuts, etc. in my yogurt. A bare bones granola is very easy to make and you can easily add nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc. as you see fit. Here is an easy one I whipped up in the kitchen:

Ingredients:

1 cup rolled oats
2 tsp avocado oil
3-4 tsp maple syrup

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Mix oats, avocado oil and maple syrup. I used 3 tsp of maple syrup and found the resulting granola sweet enough for me but my daughter would like it a little sweeter. {Big shock!} If you like a bit of a sweeter granola, try the 4 tsp. 

Next, spread mixture on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Be sure to check around 15 minutes to prevent burning. The granola should be a toasted golden brown. Let cool and your granola is ready to eat!

Post a Comment